Here are some of our favourite books which will help you to discover, imagine and travel over and over again.
For children aged from 0 to 99 years old, here are our suggestions to take you away:
Discover Chile from top to bottom with this traveller and his historical expertise:
- Chile o una loca geografía
Cultural icons from contemporary Chilean history of the 80s:
- Revista Caras de colección
387 iconos de Chile. Año 17 edición Extraordinaria 2004
To get learn about Chile as if you were six years old. Fun, clear, concise and with beautiful pictures and colours:
Aude Le Morzadec, Editorial Grandir
On the Mapuche culture and history:
Explaining the Mapuche history with and an intense and passionate style that makes reality more vivid that fiction:
- Les guerriers de la pluie – brève histoire des mapuches (1536-1810)
Sergio Zamora, Yvelines Editions
A poetical tale explaining the Mapuche universe.
- Mapuche, gente de la tierra
Malú Sierra, Editorial Sudamericana
Fiction, novels, tales and sagas
In French and Spanish:
Chile, exile, personal history that becomes the history of others.
- Mon pays réinventé – Mi pais inventado
The story of austral southern Chile and the tragic destiny of the Ona Indians:
- El Guanaco
Francisco Coloane, Editoriale Points
A passionate vampire story featuring the Mapuche population – for those who enjoy fantasy:
- Twilight, chapitre 4 Révélation. Page 742
Stéphanie Meyer, Editoriale Hachette
Magical stories for children, perfect for bedtime:
- La sirène de Chiloé, mythes des indiens mapuches
Jacqueline Heissat – Violaine Marlange, Dadoclem editions
The language of native people whom habited first “at the end of the world” meaning of Chile, coming from the word quechua (Incas):
- Voces indígenas de uso común en Chile (primera parte) vocablos derivados del mapudingún, quechua, aimara, kunza, rapanui etc.
Dr. Juan Grau V. Ediciones Oikos Ltda.